Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Trip to Arby's

Current Mood: Anxious;  
  -- On a scale of 1-10: 3.

I was excited for today, to get out of the house and do something. I rarely go outside, unless it's to take my dog out. Going to go hang out with Ron, we decide to grab something to eat at Arby's and I love the place. 


I was over dressed, wearing heels, skirt and a lovely shirt. Don't go out much, might as well look good! I sit down while he grabs us sauce and whatnot, but the woman behind me perks up. 
 Her: "You look beautiful!"
Me: "Thank you very much." -nervous laugh- I didn't expect anyone to bug me, it caught me off guard and I don't like lil surprises like this. I began to fumble with the hairtie on my wrist. 
Her: "I should rag on him for taking you to arby's."
Me: "But I love Arby's!" My leg began to shake, she couldn't see luckily. I hope. 
Her: "Oh, then I won't bug him."
Me: "Yeah, i like it here..." -nervous laugh- Now i look around awkwardly and do what I always do when I get nervous in social situations. "The weather is nice!" 

We talk a little about the weather and she leaves. I wanted to share this because this is a normal situation. Strangers sometimes like to start chats, I feel awful in them. I just want the stranger to run away and leave me alone. She was nice and sweet, it wasn't her, just the unfamiliarity. 

Though, I tend to be extremely nervous at restaurants and fast food places normally. I dislike eating in front of people because I can be messy and embarrass myself. Though, I'm able to do this now without too much trouble. In high school, I refused to eat lunch at school because of not wanting people to stare at me. Girls use to be evil to me in those times, thinking i was anorexic, while in reality i was just scared of making a mess.

Anyway, off to go swimming! Hopefully nothing scary happens.
You can comment here or comment on formspring with this button:
Answer Questions



Or if you have your own question, ask here:






3 comments:

  1. I don't have anxiety, but I also hate when strangers come up to talk to me in a familiar tone. It's especially hard with my sons, because if you have cute little boys, you don't get privacy anymore. At all. I don't like talking to strangers about my children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My ipod pretty much takes care of this problem haha. As much as I would like to be friendly to everyone it's kinda hard to establish a conversation or look friendly when they catch you off guard and you don't know what to say. Something that happens to me also is that "I should have said that" situation minutes later XD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Shadow Noted: never have kids! JK Yeah, i can see why you dislike when people want to know everything about your kids. Children are adorable.

    @Juan I always think about "I should have said that" I was just doing that last night actually about something else. Hate those silly thoughts that get stuck in your head like that, makes you feel like you aren't doing a good job or you could have done better. But I try not to keep eye contact with anyone, less likely they will want to talk to me.

    ReplyDelete