Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Depression VS Anxiety

Most times, people have both but I don't have depression. Only have had friends suffering from it. So, this is my opinion from having a very severe case of Social Anxiety. What do you think is harder to manage?



We've all had depression at least once in our lives, whether it's because we are in high school or a family member passes away, we've all shared in it's pain. That feeling of listlessness, nothing can cheer you up and constantly in despair. Hating life, wishing life was better and even the worst cases, wishing for death. 
While some of us have had anxiety. Scared too death, feeling as if you are going to die from whatever situation is making you feel this way. Unable to live life normally. Frightened to leave the house!


I'd rather be scared every day of my life, unable to go to the store than being sad every moment. I hate being sad and lonely. To have depression is the worst I can think of. Constantly crying, wanting to be happy but you just can't. Always feeling disappointed and even on the sunniest of days, you don't want to do anything. 


Sure, I can't work because of my panic attacks, but at least i'm happy. I have all of you and love simple moments in life. While, depression can make you miserable when people are trying their hardest to cheer you up. 


It also brings people down, there are more people understanding to anxiety than depression. It drains your life and everyone around you. Which then makes your depression worse, because you want people there but they can't stand being around people so negative. That would be beyond painful. Just that. So lonely. 


And so, if you are one of those people suffering from Depression, I want to say that just dealing with that is amazing and to keep going. Keep fighting! That I can't imagine how hard it is and even though sometimes I don't say it or like talking to people, that I'm praying for you. I want you to be happy one day. 

2 comments:

  1. Depression doesn't always turn you into a crying ball of sad. A lot of times, it's a feeling of hopelessness, like things can't possibly get better.

    For me, I balled up my emotions, and tried to tough my way through them, despite some grade-A life altering events taking place.

    Depression is an obsession over the bad, without letting in any of the good. It consumes you and makes you lose hope.

    That said, there are lots of things you can do to combat depression. Drugs, therapy, just knowing how to cope with things and deal with them in the right ways.. I don't know much about social anxiety (aside from another internet friend of mine who suffers from it..), but I wonder how much of what I've learned can be applied in your situation.

    I don't know what it's like to live in fear of socializing, but that's gotta be pretty rough too. Chin up, keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The worst part of depression is that people seem to be under the impression that you can just "fix" it. Like "Smile, already!" or "Get over it, it's just depression!". Sadly, you can not "fix" it, not really. You can temporarily banish the feelings with a change of some sort like listening to some music or eating comfort food, or being active, but a lot of the time, simply getting the motivation to do anything is a challenge. I'm on the other side, Rose. I can handle being miserable, and I'm glad that I live with no fear.

    ReplyDelete